- 200 gm cooked Rice noodles or Hakka noodles
- 400 ml thick coconut milk
- 1/2 cup curd preheated
- 1 & 1/2 cup boiled vegetables French beans, broccoli, green peas, baby corn
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp Bhuna chana powder Dalia powder
- 2 tbsp red thai curry paste or 2 tsp roasted cumin powder recipe in notes
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 200 gms crisp noodles see note
- salted peanuts roasted
- lemon juice
- Mix coconut milk, 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup preheated curd, dalia powder, whisk them well until the dalia powder has dissolved.
- Heat oil in a pan, add boiled vegetables and sauté for few seconds, add red thai curry paste saute for few seconds, add the coconut milk mixture and salt to taste.
- If required spicy then add 1-2 tsp red chili powder, cook for 9-10 minutes.
- The curry is ready, now place the rice noodles in bowl, pour the curry on it, squeeze the lemon juice, garnish with peanuts, crispy noodles and coriander leaves.
- Serve the delicious Khow Suey immediately
Crispy Noodles:- 1 packet Hakka Noodles- take a pot with water, soak the noodles in it, keep aside for 10-15 minutes.- after 15 minutes drain it very well, take one kitchen towel and spread the noodles on it , keep it dry for 15-20 minutes.- after dry, the noodles, then fry it, keep it on paper towel, when cool store it an airtight container. Your crispy noodles are ready. You can use the noodles in Khow Suey, Chinese bhel, Manchow soup, American chop suey, etc
Red Curry Paste:
10 dry Kashmiri red chillies or 5 Kashmiri + 5 red Serrano chillies or red bird eyes chillies (for Kashmiri chillies soaked in warm water for 20 minutes and drain )
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1/4 cup chopped lemon grass stick
1 tsp lemon rind ( peeled lemon skin ) ( lemon zest )
1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
3-4 kaffir lime leaves
6-8 black pepper corns ( kala Mari )
Salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients and grind to paste.