So this burger had come 3rd out of 5th (those 5 selected out of other 50) in a burger battle held in London, NY and Frisco made by Anand (my son). What more it was the only Jain / veggie burger in all 50! Now my daughter in law and I have upgraded the recipe to next level and made it even better. You can find recipe of homemade mayo and peri-peri in the recipe notes section at the end of the page.
- 1 cup chickpeas boiled
- 1 cup quinoa cooked or 1/2 cup crushed oats
- 1 cup sweetcorn boiled
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 2 kashmiri chilli dried
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1/4 cup capsicum
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
Peri Peri Coleslaw
- mayo recipe for homemade mayo in notes
- shredded cabbage
- peri peri powder recipe for homemade peri peri in notes
- burger buns
- Tomato slices
- fresh coriander
- peri peri mayo mix mayo and peri peri powder
- peri peri coleslaw
- cheese slices
Peri Peri Coleslaw
MAKING THE PATTY
- Take a food processor.
- Add the chickpeas, corn, spices, herbs and salt to taste
- Mix it until it's combined well.
- Make sure it doesn't become too smooth as it will become difficult to shape it into a patty.
- Now mix the capsicum, quinoa and plain flour and combine well.
- Once done, keep the patty inside a refrigerator for half an hour.
HEATING THE BUNS
- Cut the buns halfway through and place it on a hot pan.
- After half a minute flip it.
- Let it get toasted for a few seconds and then keep it aside.
- Do the same for both the buns.
ASSEMBLING THE BURGER
- Take one toasted bun, apply peri peri mayo.
- I heat the cheese on the burger patty itself, but if you are not comfortable doing that then skip this stip.
- On the other bun apply peri peri coleslaw.
- Then put a lettuce.
- On it put the burger patty and then a slice of cheese.
- On that two or three slices of tomato.
- On it splash some fresh coriander and then cover it with the other bun.
- Time to take a Big Bite!