- 1/3 cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp ragi nachni flour
- 2 tbsp flax seeds meal powder
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida hing
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup water approximately
- 1/2 cup coconut freshly grated or dry
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds white
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or white sugar
- 2 tsp cuminseeds powder
- 2 tsp coriander seeds powder dhana
- 2 tsp fennel seeds powder lili variyali/ saunf
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida hing
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Grind all the ingredients in a food processor with lemon juice till it gets a coarse texture, keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all flours, turmeric powder, hing, oil, baking powder and salt, mix all together using your palms until it gets the crumble texture. Check if everything is mixed properly.
- Add some water little by little and make a semi tight dough, once it's done, cover and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four parts and keep it covered, divide the filling also in four parts.
- Take one dough ball on a rolling board, roll it in round shape into medium thickness and cut the edges, spread one part of 'filling' masala evenly on it, leaving the edges of the dough, apply some water on edges.
- Start rolling from one side and roll it till other edges in a cylinder shape (stick shape)
- Cut it into an inch width size with knife.
- Preheat the oven at 185° C, line the baking tray with aluminum foil and grease some oil on it.
- Arrange the cut Bhakarwadi on it, spread light oil on it.
- Place the tray into preheated oven and let it bake for 15-20 minutes on the middle rack.
- After 15-20 minutes flip it to other side and bake it till it gets golden colour for another 15-20 minutes, please ensure it does not get burnt.
- Once it done, remove it from oven and let it cool down.
- Baked crispy, tasty Bhakarwadi is ready.
- Store it an airtight container.
- Enjoy......it with a cup of tea.....