I made this for the auspicious occasion of Raksha Bhandan. It’s an Indian festival in which the brother ties a decorative string/band on his sister’s hand as a promise to protect his sister until he breathes his last. It’s celebrated all over India. The sister in return gives her a gift and specially something sweet with it. My brother loved it and I hope it manages to calm your sweet tooth too. 😉
- 2 cup cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
for the cupcake
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, mix in the sugar.
- In a small bowl add milk, vinegar, vanilla essence and mix it and keep it aside.
- Now make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients.
- Stir the mixture together using a whisk without lumps.
- Fill the cupcake liners (about 2/3rd full) with batter.
- Preheat the oven 180' degree, bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcake completely and frost with your favourite frosting.
for the frosting
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in the confectioner's sugar, vanilla essence and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Frost with your favourite colour, toppings. 😀
- It's now ready to be served.