- 1/2 cup chana dal soaked & pressure cooked
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp green chilli powder dried
- 1 tsp dry mint powder
- 1 tsp aamchur powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed powder roasted
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under patti, and make a semi soft dough, like roti.
- Divide it into same portions. Roll it like a roti and roast it on both sides. Keep it aside.
Cooking chana dal
- Soak the chana dal in water for about 5-6 hours.
- In a pressure cooker, add half cup of water and the soaked chana dal and pressure cook it for about 3-4 whistles.
- Once cooked dry out the water completely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cooked chana dal.
- Now add garam masala, red chilli powder, dry green chilli powder, dry mint powder, turmeric powder, aamchur powder and roasted cumin seeds powder.
- Toss the chana dal lightly, taking care that the grains don't break.
- Add salt to taste, sugar and sauté them.
- Let the filling cool down completely.
For maida paste
- Take flour in a small bowl and add very little water to it.
- The paste is ready and will be used as a glue to seal the corners of the samosas.
To make a samosa
- Take Roti and cut down in three strips.
- The first fold would go a little beyond the edge and then on the opposite side, making a triangle.
- Spoon the filling inside the folded sheet.
- Then fold the remaining part of the sheet to close the opening used for filling and seal the corners with the help of the flour paste.
- Fry the samosas in a pot of oil on a medium flame for about 1 minute.
- Take them out, when they turn into golden brown colour.
- Serve hot with sweet chutney.
One thought on “Tithi Special: Chana Dal Patti Samosa”
Good recepie about channa dhal samosa.