- 1 Vol-au-Vent packet
- 50 gm yellow corn
- 50 gm asparagus woody ends removed
- chilli flakes
- 50 gm grated cheese
- Tabasco sauce optional
- basil leaves
- Place the asparagus in microwave proof bowl and cook on high until tender and bright green, 1-2 minutes set the asparagus aside to cool, then slice in to 2-3 cm pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 180'c., Arrange the vol-au-vent cases on an ovenproof tray.
preparing the white sauce
- Melt the ghee or margarine in a saucepan and add the flour, stir with a spoon until the mixture is smooth and aroma come. Cook slowly for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Then add 1/2 cup milk and stir until smooth, reduce the heat and stir for 1 minute, add salt, pepper, cheese.
- Mix the yellow corn and half asparagus in it.
- Using a tablespoon, carefully place a spoonful of the white sauce in each vol- au-vent case, followed by a few pieces of asparagus.
- Until each of the vol- au-vent cases is full.
- Sprinkle the vol-au-vents with the remaining cheese and herbs to taste.
- Baking the preheated until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- You can garnish it with Tabasco sauce and basil leaves.