- 1 & 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rava suji, semolina (make sure it is fine)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp jeera powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- salt as per taste
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil
- Now add fine rava
- Stir continuously on low heat and avoid lumps
- Add remaining water when the mixture feels dry
- Once all the mixture comes together to form a big dough like lump, switch off the burner, take the pan of heat
- Cover the pan with a lid and keep it aside for a minute
- Now transfer the dough to a new bowl
- The dough will be flaming hot but it requires some kneading
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and knead it well
- Now add all the remaining ingredients one by one
- Time to knead again
- In between kneading add 2 teaspoon of oil
- Now make a rectangle of approximately 1cm thick (you can see the shape and size in the video)
- Then put in the refrigerator to rest for around 30 minutes
- Now take it out and cut according to your preference but make sure to keep it at least 1 cm thick and 1 cm broad
- Heat some oil in a vessel of your choice
- While dropping the fries in oil, the heat should be on maximum, but when you fry it , bring down the heat to medium
- When they turn golden brown, take them out and put them on a plate covered with a tissue to absorb the extra oil
- Put them in a bowl or cup of your choice and if you want to enjoy it even more, you can serve them with a homemade dip (recipe in notes)
- You can also shallow fry or use an air fryer.
- Fine Rava - if you don’t have fine rava, just grind the rava that you have.
Smoky Cheesy Dip
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or chilli powder
- Parsley to garnish
- Put the cheese and milk in a microwaveable bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and mix it well.
- Garnish it with parsley leaves.
- Vola, you can lick your fingers now.