- 2 cup maida or wheat flour
- 3 tbsp melted ghee
- pinch of baking soda
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- warm water as per your requirement
- 1 tsp fennel seeds powder saunf / varyali powder
- 6 boriya mirchi round
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cloves laung / laving
- 2 tsp dhanya-jeera powder
- 2 tsp gram flour besan
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 2 tsp oil
- grind powder or 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
For the dough
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under 'dough' and knead a smooth dough (like paratha dough).
- Divide into small lemon size portions and give them shape of a ball.
For grind powder
- Roast the ingredients mentioned under 'grind powder' for 2 minutes. Let it cool. Then grind until it becomes like powder.
For the filling
- Roll out each ball into thick circular puri having approx 4" diameter.
- Put 1 tsp stuffing mixture in the centre of puri, wrap stuffing with puri and seal the edges and again roll out.
- Heat oil over medium flame to deep fry stuffed puris.
- When oil is medium hot, deep fry puris over low flame, until they turn light brown.
- Let the kachoris cool down. You can store it in an airtight container for about 10 to 15 days.
- You can have the kachori on it's own or you can fill it with mung, chana, boondi, sweet chutney, cumin seeds powder, chaat masala, red chilli powder, sev and pre- heated curd.