- tandoori roti see note
- 1/2 cup dried green peas sukha green vatana
- 100 gm paneer
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dhanyajeera powder
- 1 tsp punjabi masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp kasturi methi
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar to taste
- Wash and soak vatana for 4-5 hours, and then put it in a pressure cooker to 6 whistles or until cooked. Keep aside.
- Make the paste in grinder with the ingredients mentioned under 'paste'.
- Heat ghee in kadai or a pan and then add kasturi methi. Sauté for few seconds. Now add the paste and sauté again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the masalas and some water for thick gravy. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add boiled vatana and paneer pieces and cook for 10 minutes on slow medium flame.
- If gravy is too thick, add some water. After it's cooked, serve hot in a plate.
- You can eat it with tandoori roti (see note), paratha, naan or plain kulcha.
1. Tandoori Roti
2. Preheated curd